Sunday 5 October 2008

Uncorrected Bound Proof - DMD UK

When I arrived back from Portugal, one of the nicest surprises I found waiting for me was a package from my editor at Hodder and Stoughton. When I opened it I had in my eager hands an uncorrected bound proof of my book, Dead Men's Dust. To actually hold a copy of my book in my hands was - is - a truly amazing feeling, and my first opportunity to read the book myself in book form. The difference between reading the book on my laptop or on sheafs of A4 is phenomenal, and I actually read the book like it was someone else's work. A truly amazing moment, I'll tell you. Not that I'm bragging, but I found the book immensely enjoyable. I know that it's still eight months until you all can get the book (28th May 2009, by the way), but I really hope you all like my work as much as I did.
The UBF has been specially developed by H&S in a metallic silver colour with bold symbolism and is subtitled 'Get ready to meet Joe Hunter', and will shortly be sent out to selected readers. I can't wait to hear what people think.
keep on keeping on
Matt

No comments: