Thursday 25 June 2009

Doing the Do for charity

Something extremely weird just happened to me. I have been asked - as a local celebrity - to open a new book shop in The Lanes Shopping Centre, Carlisle.

Y'know how some celebs just can't say no, and will turn up at the opening of a tin of beans, well I used to laugh at them. But I'm not laughing now. I'm thrilled and honoured and proud of the fact that people actually want me to do the honours.

So...watch out for me on or around the 15th July doing the biz in The Lanes. Come along and show your support for a great charity (the bookshop raises funds for a local hospice).

More details to follow as I receive them.

P.S. when I earlier referred to myself as 'a local celebrity' it was with a huge pinch of salt and with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. But I guess you already knew that!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope it goes well...Mr Big Shot!

Author said...

Next stop...Help! I'm a Big brother Strictly Dancing on Ice...get me outa here!

Clare said...

An author opening a new bookshop - doesn't come much better than that, Matt - enjoy!

Author said...

Thanks Clare - yeah, it's an honour.

Paul D Brazill said...

Good on yer!