Monday 24 August 2009

I'd like to thank..and...and..and...


I'm grateful to have been nominated for a Literary Blogger Award by the lovely Sara Tribble whose blog I Am Write can be found on the links list on the right of this page.


This award is given for energising and inspiring reading, and through my efforts here and through my sister blog at Thrillers, Killers 'n' Chillers i can rest assured that I've done that. The award doesn't come free, of course and there are some rules I must follow.

Here's the rules.

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.

2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.

3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.

4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might not know.

5. Nominate 7 Bloggers.

6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.

7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

So here goes:


1. Thank you, Sara. I sincerely mean that.

2. Done it (see the above).

3. Done it (see links on the right).

4. Aargh, I knew there was something that would get me thinking:


4.1. I'm a coffee junkie. Upwards of 20 cups at a minimum a day.

4.2. I also enjoy painting in acrylics and oils (but don't get much chance these days).

4.3. I love old style rock'n'roll, rockabilly and swing and have been known to get up and give a song alongside Johnny Scott and the Shakers.

4.4. I once applied to go on the TV show Gladiators

4.5. I always cry at the end of It's a Wonderful Life even though I've watched it a dozen times.

4.6. I was a pioneer of Mixed Martial Arts in the UK and fought in bare-knuckle, knockdown competitions until I realised I was a) not good enough b) too pretty to have my face bashed in c) a better coach than a fighter d) a poet not a warrior.

4.7. John Candy isn't my twin.


5. You know who you are.

6. Will do.

7. Keep you eyes peeled and read your comments. It could be you!

4 comments:

Lee Hughes said...

I'm gushing with emotion here! Thank you for nominaing me! It'll go on the wall next to my bronze swimming certificate and the second place certificate for the egg & spoon race when I was six, right in the gap which I saved for my cycling proficiency which I never got.
-
But here's crux of the matter Matt. Do I have to do all those steps you did, then nominate 7 other blogs etc? or do I just say thanks? As I'll nominate Col again just so he has to come up with another 7 things we don't know about him.

Author said...

The choice is yours, as they say.

Paul D Brazill said...

Cheers, mate!

Unknown said...

Cheers, Matt. Mucho appreciatio.
And 'cheers' Lee (!).