Wednesday 19 May 2010

Lock 'n' Load

http://www.seanblackbooks.com/

Sean Black and I have a lot in common. We are both crime thriller writers, born in Scotland, represented by Luigi Bonomi at LBA, members of ITW, with our first books debuting in 2009, with tough guy characters - Joe Hunter and Ryan Lock -who are often mentioned in the same breath as Lee Child's Jack Reacher (for one reason or another, be that good or bad), and both mentioned in the Daily Telegraph's Thrillers of 2009 listing . I've had the pleasure of meeting Sean whilst the two of us were attending last year's Thrillerfest in NYC, and he's a great guy. He has also got a great blog via his website - the link's above - and has just started to relate how he came to write the first in his series following 'executive protector/body guard' Ryan Lock called Lockdown. It's a fascinating journey and I think you'll enjoy it.

Lockdown is already available in hardback, but the paperback edition with a cool new cover will be released on 24th June, with the second book, Deadlock coming in hardback this July. Lockdown's a great book, that I've already mentioned here before, and if you haven't read it yet, I urge you to do so. I'm looking forward to the next one!

3 comments:

Sean Black said...

Matt,

Thank you very much for the kind words. I really appreciate it.

Sean

Dean Crawford said...

Sounds like a cracking read, will look out for it!

SueH said...

I tried to read this when it arrived at work - was really enjoying it and got 2/3 in and then it was recalled! :-( and all copies have reserve waiting lists, so I have put it on my wish list for my birthday, next week! ;-)

Can't wait to catch up with it again!