Tuesday 4 January 2011

New Year, New Books, Old Haunts.

Hi folks,

it's been a week or two since I last said anything here, but like everyone else I've been up to my eyes with the Holidays. If I haven't already said so personally, then I wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous 2011.

I've been writing. No surprises there then? I am an author and that's what I'm supposed to do, I guess. But it has been a funny few months, between delivering book seven in the Joe Hunter series, and before starting the eighth. I've been pottering around, really, doing 'other stuff' with my writing, but nothing that I can show you or even tell you about....yet. I did do my little Joe Hunter Christmas poem, and hope you enjoyed it. Otherwise, there's nothing much that I can put my finger on as far as my writing's concerned. I often find November and December are limbo months for authors, or maybe it's just me. I have been working on another project, but this was just a personal exercise, and it may never see publication, so I feel there's not much to tell.

Still, there is some good stuff coming up soon.

In two days time (6th January) the paperback edition of CUT AND RUN hits the stands in the UK.



















And in just under a month's time on the 3rd of February 2011, the fifth Joe Hunter book - BLOOD AND ASHES - will be published in hardback in the UK (Hodder and Stoughton).



















For those of you interested, or who intend attending if/when it happens, I'm looking to hold an official launch for Blood and Ashes, but haven't as yet fixed a date/location, but worry not, I'll keep you all informed. It will be on or around the publication date.

I've a couple events coming up in the next few months:

For those of you attending the York Festival of Writing, I'm attending for the full duration this time, from the 24th through to the 27th of March. Please come along and say, hi, and I look forward to meeting you all there.

Also, a regular fixture on my calendar is CRIMEFEST, and this year it will be at its usual venue again (the Bristol Marriott) from 19th through to 22nd of May, and I'll be there. Again, I'd love to meet anyone who read my books and look forward to saying hello. It's a great convention and I urge readers, writers or aspiring authors to come along. You'll be glad you did.

No comments: